*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Little Lace Box December Review

After hearing about the Little Lace Box and their awesome November box, I had to subscribe! 

I haven't been feeling PopSugar Must Have anymore. While some of their boxes this year were great, most items seem more general now and not extra special. So I decided to switch over to the Little Lace Box, which is the same price ($39.99 a month) to see how I liked them. I also was able to use a discount code so got this box for $29.99. 
My box arrived later than other bloggers so I had already seen spoilers before opening the box today. I wasn't too impressed from the spoilers but still thought it looked worth the $29.99 I had spent. Included in the December box was:
*Three Sisters Apothecary soap ($3.99). Different scents were in different boxes and I received the Lemongrass, which smells amazing!!!! It's a tiny bar of soap, probably something I wouldn't buy on my own, but certainly a little special item that I'm loving!
*Fresh Water Pearl Bracelet by Stia Couture ($34.99) This bracelet is made of 14-carat, 18-gauge, gold-filled wire and fresh water pearls. 
*Fresh Water Pearl Necklace by Susan Meier Jewelry ($48.99). It features freshwater pearls in a classic, simple oval shape with two single gold plated pyrite stones. the chain is 14-carat gold-filled. I honestly wasn't too stoked to get two pearl jewelry pieces in my box, which is why the spoilers didn't excite me. They seemed too delicate to be the type of jewelry I wear.

After receiving the box today I changed my tune. They are delicate pieces, but holding them I realized they can be heirlooms for my girls. I plan to wear them on special occasions and then pass one to each of my daughters either when they turn 16 or get married (whichever comes first...haha...I kid!!). Because every girl should have some pearls.   
*Whitney English Mini Day Designer ($48.99). I'm not sure why this is considered mini as it is a good size (think large cookbook sized). I've been wanting an Erin Condren planner for the past year but did not want to pay $60+ for a planner! This Day Designer seems to be almost the exact same, yet scores bonus points for not being dated (unlike the EC ones that are for 365 days in a particular year). I like it undated much better...I can either use a page a day, or a week, depending on how much I have planned. 

I'm actually quite excited about this planner and love the sturdiness, the envelope in the front cover to store important papers, and the way the pages/notes are laid out, along with an encouraging quote on each page. I would have been happy with just this for $29.99!!
So after receiving my box today I am much happier than I was when seeing the spoilers. I love this box! I love how this box is curated by three sisters and seems to put that special touch in their selections. These are not items that I have ever seen in another subscription box! Total value of this box (including the Priority shipping), was $148.76!! Total score for the $29.99 I paid.

The January Little Lace Box theme is out and it is....drum roll..."The Dining Car", to commemorate the beginning of the fifth season of Downton Abbey. It's all about vintage and beauty and you. Be still my heart, this sounds like my type of theme! I can't wait to see what it includes! I hear that it's sold out on the monthly program (though those signing up for a yearly plan can still receive it) but if you subscribe soon you can ask to be put on the waiting list for this box and keep your fingers crossed that you get one of the Dining Car boxes. And if you go here and use the code LLB10 you can get $10.00 off your first box, making it just $29.99. That's an incredible value for the type of items this box has been sending out!

Disclaimer: Referral links included in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails