*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, October 19, 2012

Simple Potato Soup

My camera seems to be hiding from me today so I must sadly post this recipe without a photo.

This is such a simple soup/stew (I can't decide which it really is!), very inexpensive, and great for a busy evening. The leftovers are even better the next day. My children love it.

5 lb. bag of potatoes, peeled

1 lb. raw hamburger, crumbled in pieces

chopped garlic, fresh or dry diced onions to taste

Water to cover all

Keep this at a slow boil for about an hour on the stove. Use a potato masher to mash it all together into a gloppy mess. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little milk if it looks like it needs it. Ladle into a bowl and top with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails