*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, July 14, 2012

Updates

I had 48 hours at home with Becca and Joe while hubby took my place in the hospital with Jacob. I'm back in the saddle again this morning.

Jacob started having mouth pain on Thursday evening and was put on morphine for the pain. Today he seems fairly comfortable, just tired and grumpy. He received his stem cell transplant yesterday and smells strongly of creamed corn today (a side effect of the preservative that was used with the stem cells). It should take 10-14 days for the stem cells to engraph so the next week and a half will be fairly rough. His white count is down to 0.5 today and will continue to drop. He seems to be hungry but won't eat when food is placed in front of him, though I hope that he may eat the mashed potatoes that he wanted me to order him from the kitchen.

That's it in a nut shell! I'll update more later if anything changes. Thanks for all the prayers and fun cards that have been arriving at mail call!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails