*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, June 11, 2011

Off We Go...

It's 9:30am and Jacob is still asleep. It was a long night with Jacob waking up at 3:00am crying and moaning that his legs hurt. After some Benadryl (to calm him down) and Tylenol and heat packs I was able to get him back to sleep. At 5:30am he woke up screaming that his legs hurt and started hitting them and literally trying to run away from the pain. No one had a clue what was going on and we were only able to lull him back to sleep after giving him morphine.

I will be talking to one of the Oncologists this morning to see if they have ever seen this before and what it could have been from. The odd thing is that our young roommate also woke up crying last night about leg pain...things that make you go uhmmm.


Hopefully in a few hours we can be discharged and headed home. One last thing to note is that my husband called me last night to tell me that a note and envelope were handed to Becca outside our home last night by a stranger and the gift inside will be enough to cover the expense of the new refrigerator and all the food we lost. I got goosebumps when he told me and was speechless - I am in awe of the goodness of people and am astounded in the way God works. Whoever it was...we can not thank them enough for taking yet another burden from us during this time. May they be blessed for their kindness!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet sweet thing to do for you all! Thank you for sharing I got goosebumps reading it! :)
    I will pray for you and Jacob to get better sleep and that this was just a one time fluke..
    Elizabeth
    P.S. Meant to comment on your diaper find and what an amazing find! If you wanted to "flip" them you could probably make a good chunk of change if you wanted to on ebay. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing gift! As for the leg pain, perhaps it has to do with growth? My son is 4.5 and he wakes up screaming that his legs hurt and hits them. We rub them and give him tylenol. I remember having this pain when I was younger as well. I hope that's all it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G-CSF causes pain in the long bones as it is "growing" new white cells in the bone marrow. Most commonly affects the leg bones. Very common side effect of G-CSF.

    Not any fun for Jacob to experience but a "normal" part of the process. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails