*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

The saying "There's no place like home" is so true. I know this even more after spending several nights away each month at the side of my son's bed at the hospital as he receives chemo. The simple things in life are often the most comforting. Here are some of my favorite things:
A cup of tea in the morning. Especially this cup with tea in it. My husband gave it to me this past Christmas and I just love it!
A visit to the library, resulting in a stack of books and movies.

Comfortable cotton Karen Neuburger pajamas and a soft fluffy robe, courtesy of my mother.
And last, but certainly not least, my family. You can't make a house a home without filling it with love. (By the way, my brother mentioned Becca's messy hair...I swear I brushed it but the wind is blowing it in the picture!)
I'm also loving the fact that our snow is slowly melting!


What are some of your favorite things?

5 comments:

  1. Hmm...let's see. My fuzzy green blanket, my iPod, and a book. And Real Housewives. LOL, can't help myself.

    Hope the chemo is going well...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Karen Neuberger jammies. Got a pair used some time ago, and they were so soft. I have been getting more at Goodwill, and on Ebay as they are quite pricey new.
    Love my coffee, especially the first cup in the morning.
    Love my books; can't get enough of them as I read really fast.
    Love my computer so I can stay in touch with family and friends.
    Love British comedies, old movies, and some of the newer movies.
    Love magazines, stationary, all things paper!
    Most of all, love my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love that the snow is melting. The weather is awesome here today and even I can say that spring is on its way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love karen neuburger~~ the only place that sold them in my area stopped selling them and i have literally wore out several pairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping in to say hello. From another site where I post as "just me".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails