*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm a Maniac!

This morning I awoke to a lot of nervous energy. I've been having a lot of days like that and typically let it take hold but today I decided to put that energy to work and used it to my advantage. Scrubbing floors, purging closets and boxes, and keeping my hands and mind busy proved a way to keep that energy at bay.

The truth is, as the mother of a cancer patient, cancer is never far from my mind. Even when we have a few days together at home, it isn't back to normal. I'm not thinking about what to cook or how to save money. I'm not looking forward to any play dates or normal activities. My life as it was is no more. Now there are medications to keep straight. Worrying about if my son is coming down with a fever or trying to decipher if his crying is because he is tired, feeling sick, or just sick and tired of it all. It's a whole new ballgame.

But today, during some moments, I almost felt normal. It felt good to do something as normal as scrub the kitchen floor or to fill up two garbage bags of stuff for Goodwill. It's good to feel normal, if just for a moment.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your Heart Elizabeth. You will find a new uhh..normal as you walk the path with Cancer. That 6 letter word does forever change your ways of doing things from the past. But it does get easier and you are spot on by putting that energy into anything that keeps your hands busy. Hugs to you and yours !!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails