*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This & That

We are finally having some cooler weather that feels more like Fall. Today looks to be beautiful, superb, and perfect...weather-wise, anyway. Right now there is a family issue that is taking a lot of my attention and bringing heartache. Nothing that I care to elaborate, and it's not within my very immediate family (so no worries for us directly) but it's something that brings home the fact that life is precious and that we need to let those who are precious to us know it every single day. Even amidst chaos and confusion there are those little moments in the day that we can stop and be still in awe of God's grace and glory. A perfect weather day, such as today, is one of those little moments. One of those breaths of fresh air. A reminder that no matter what we have to go through, God is there to hold our hand through our trials, or carry us through them if needed.

My goal for today is to just be. To find the joy in the little things. Hanging out wash on a sunny day. Holding grubby little hands that clutch mine as we take a walk. Watching my two oldest learn as they sit around our own kitchen table, knowing that I am giving them my best. Creating sandwiches from the tomatoes that our garden produced. Hearing the birds in the trees. That will bring peace to my soul today.

On that note, I haven't updated my budget plan in awhile. Due to sickness and stress, it slipped my mind. I went through my records today and it looks like my hubby spent $32.54 at the grocery store on Saturday, I spent $35.48 at Kohl's the other day, $15.00 in gas, $4.96 at Dollar General, and $21.15 at the grocery store yesterday for a total left for the month of $182.75. With six days left in the challenge. Unfortunately, I have a large electric bill coming up to pay and also need to do a big grocery shopping trip yet this week so I doubt we will come in under budget, but fairly close is good enough for me! :) How are all of you doing?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are going through a trying time rigt now. It's never easy but remember, if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it.
    Also- please check out this awesome song by Josh Wilson. This song could have been written for me: http://imafrugalgirl.com/fgb/?p=19 it is AMAZING! Big hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just popped into my inbox. I thought of you.

    Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, the music and the verse were exactly what I needed today. For the most part it has been a very tranquil day and I was able to just be still and rest in the peace of the Lord. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails