*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me! Monday

Our city did not have their city-wide garage sales this week. I did not go to even more garage sales and spend two days driving to at least half of the 100 garage sales listed.

Most of the sales were not full of overpriced junk. No way, no how did people think that old baby clothes from the 90's were worth $1+ each. I also did not notice that it is the bigger, fancy houses that tend to have the junkiest sales.

One sale did not have a whole rack of brand new Gymboree clothing for girls and I did not pick up four things for Becca just because they were too cute to pass up!

On Saturday near closing time when my mom and I were out we did not go back to one of the church sales down the street and ask them if they were doing $1 a bag to clear things out like the other church sale was. They did not answer sure and I did not rush to the boy's table where I was able to fill a whole bag with quality Gap things for Jacob and Joe. I then did not find a bunch of Gap t-shirts for myself and a nice Pottery Barn shower curtain. 3 bags of nice things for $3? Can't beat that!

I am not addicted to garage sales....nope, not me!

So tell me dear readers, what has been your most spectacular garage sale find to date?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't had any fantastic garage sale finds, to be honest with you. I guess that means I'll have to get out there and do some garage sale shopping this weekend. Can I tell my hubby you said so? lol
    Found you at MckMama's. I'm starting a new blog carnival tomorrow called "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" TUESDAY. Come on by to get more details and play along if you're interested! Have a great day.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, wish I could find a treasure of garage sales like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness!! i need to garage sale in your town!! sounds like a great day.... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just randomly came across your page, but thought I would share my best find ever - a $150 caplphalon pan in mint condition for $5. I'm pretty sure the guy selling had no idea of it's worth, and I admit, I shamelessly took his pan for a mere $5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few days ago, I got two Lands' End winter jackets for my son to grow into. One had some wear, but nothing major; the other was in excellent condition. They cost only $2 each. I was soooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found many great things at garage sales over the years...usually mint condition, name brand clothing for my kids. Two items come to mind: a beautiful Ralph Lauren little girls dress and a pair of little boys Tommy Hilfiger jeans, both of which still had the tags on them and were 50 cents each. Another time I found a box full of writing paper and notecards that were still in the unopened packages. I carted away the whole thing for a dollar!
    --Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You got such awesome deals. It never hurts to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate when people price thier junk like it is in the mall and new

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to find some deals like that to keep me motivated. I've been to too many over-priced ones (and like you said the fancier the house,sometimes the junkier the sale!) and haven't found much lately. I need to find an incentive to keep me going, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails