*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me! Monday

Spring Cleaning Edition!

Being stuck indoors for months at a time can get old. We tend to go out shopping in a larger town on Saturday in order to go somewhere new and browse the half price bookstore, Goodwill, the bread outlet, and more. With the kids still not feeling 100% this past weekend we stayed at home and cleaned.

While my husband and I were cleaning in the deep dark corners of our cabinets he did not find a bag of egg noodles and ask if I wanted to throw them away "because there was a hole in the bag." Upon further investigation he did not see little brown things mixed in with the noodles and realize that there were several dead weevils among the noodles. I am not such a bad housekeeper that I harbor families of weevils in my pantry. Gag!

A glance into the laundry room did not reveal three baskets of clean folded laundry that needed putting away. I have not been digging through those three baskets the past few days to find clothing that we needed. I did not rush to put them away last week because of the fact that it was easier to get the clothing from the laundry room than to trek upstairs to find something.

While putting those clothes in their proper place I did not notice my daughter's "writing corner" in her room covered with papers. My daughter is obsessed with pretty paper and stickers and papers. When the mail comes she asks if she received anything and I usually give her a huge pile of junk mail which she rips open and then hides in her writing corner. She is constantly writing us little notes on her pretty stationery, or giving us letters from credit card companies that she covered in "hi" and "mom". I try to clean out that corner often, but I did not put it off for much too long this time. I did not come away from that corner with a whole grocery bag full of junk mail, ripped paper, store advertisements, old magazines, and written on papers. What kind of mother would let junk accumulate like that? Not me!

Happy Not Me! Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I think this long winter has us all dragging our feet at any inside chores. Look on the bright side, at least the weevils were dead :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found mouse droppings in the back of my pantry one time - I think I'd take the weevils! Ha ha

    http://www.corleyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you just told your hubby to throw the bag away and didn't point them out to him. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

    We really need spring!!! It's warm here but everything is just too wet from all the snow - plus there is still snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the worst at putting away laundry ....the worst I don't know why either

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails