*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Baking

Today was spent in the kitchen making our yearly double batch of Christmas cookie cut-outs. Mixing the dough with the hand mixer that I just bought killed the motor before I was even half way through (I really need a KitchenAid Mixer!). No wonder I have done without a hand mixer for the last three years, they can barely mix anything!

I spent about two hours in the kitchen rolling out the dough and using Christmas cookie cutters. This was a project that as a child we all did together with my mother but I just don't have that much patience, listening to fighting about who gets to cut next or who wants which cookie cutter. Plus, a two hour project would then turn into a four hour project! Never fear though, I saved the best part for the children:
DECORATING!!!
Joe got a little nutty by the end and was trying to pour the sprinkles directly into his mouth. We ended up with over 100 cookies and will be using them in goodie trays and for our own eating.

I enjoy baking during the holidays but am a bit behind this year, all I have made so far are the cookies showcased above and some almond bark pretzels. I plan to also make molasses cookies, chocolate mice, fudge, and maybe puppy chow or Chex Mix. I was planning on gingerbread men as well, but I'm already tired of the rolling and cutting so think I will skip those this year.

What are some of your favorites that you just can't go without during the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails