*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bits & Pieces

My thoughts are more random today than usual so I will be giving you little updates on our recent happenings.

Becca received a Melissa & Doug dollhouse for Christmas. She has been playing with it as it is intended. Jacob has other ideas though and makes it become a haunted mansion for his Scooby Doo characters to play in. Joe thinks it is a house for him and trys to climb inside of it countless times a day.

The puppy is feeling better.

Though this face looks grumpy that is just how she looks, especially when I try to take a picture. She hates the flash and often hides when she sees me getting the camera out. There were no repeats of Sunday night and I awoke to her smelling fresh in a clean kennel, so her sickness must be past. She has been running around and acting completely back to normal.

It is cold here and going to get colder this week. Temperatures will be falling way below zero for several nights and I shiver just thinking about it. We still have a bunch of snow on the ground, which will probably stay until Spring. Ahhh...just thinking about Spring warms my heart and soul, but we have awhile yet to get there.

Because it is cold out I have been using my time indoors to go through drawers, closets, toy bins, and bookshelves. I have a large bag to take to Goodwill and several bags of things to store for our Spring garage sale. I never realized just how many clothes the kids have and have been sorting through and getting rid of anything that they don't like, because I want to be able to get the drawers shut! It is a pain putting clean laundry away when you can't shove anymore into the dresser.

I am now off to take a shower and get ready to take Jacob to his speech therapy and to run a few errands around town. I may have to check a few stores out and see if any of the Christmas items are more than 50% off. After Christmas shopping is more fun for me than before Christmas shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I love that Joe tries getting in the house! He's a little stinker! So glad the puppy is better...I know you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dollhouse, looks like it has many uses. Your dog is so cute, I'm glad he's better!

    Stephanie
    http://www.dirtandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, that puppy is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails