*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Yesterday while cleaning out the kids closet upstairs I did not find a box of Jacob's hand-me-downs that I had almost forgotten about. I did not dig through it to find half the box full of 18-24 month items for Joe. Because Joe already has a dresser that is overflowing so that would mean that he now has even more clothes to add to the already too full dresser. Plus, I am so organized when it comes to the clothing storage system that there is no way I could forget about a whole box of clothing. Not me!

When Joe got ahold of my camera and misplaced it I did not scour the house looking for it only to decide he must have thrown it in the garbage (his new favorite game is to throw everything away). I did not ask hubby to look in the icky garbage bag only to find the camera had fallen behind my desk, right after hubby got to the very bottom of the first garbage bag. Now my checkbook has gone missing (at the hands of the toddler, of course) and I'm not wondering if I should ask hubby to look through the garbage again.

I did not go to the new gas station grand opening almost every day last week just because they were giving away free hot cocoa and coffee and had cheap glazed donuts. Really, I don't need those things even if they are free and so of course I didn't do that.

I did not come downstairs from putting Joe down for his nap to find my other two children gone. I did not call outside for a minute before realizing I should call up my parents who live down the street to see if they were down there. I did not breathe a sigh of relief when I was told that "Yes, they are here" and then actually let them stay there for a few hours so that I could have some time to myself. Because any child that disappears down the street without asking permission must be punished immediately so that they won't do it again, not allowed to stay there and play and have fun just so mama can have a moment alone. That would be foolish and set a bad example!

And finally, I did not stay in my pajamas all day yesterday because they were warm and comfy. I did not figure that since it was cold out and I was missing church anyway that there was no point in getting dressed for the day. That doesn't sound like something I would do at all!

7 comments:

  1. I wish my family lived down the street. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call those days pajama days! Gotta love staying in pajammies all day! Have a great week!

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/not-me-monday-run-out-of-steam.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Stay at home pj days are awesome. Love free donuts! Now I am craving some dunkin donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm visiting for the first time from MckMama's NMM! I enjoyed reading your post for today and browsing through your blog.

    And BTW - on Friday, my kids and I had a pajama day too! Gotta love those days!

    ~ Jennifer
    http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I popped over after you left a comment on my blog (thanks, btw!) and found that you're a TON like me! I'm a total "granola mom" too... short of cloth diapers (I can't handle laundry...) but totally loved your blog and plan on dropping by more often.

    It was nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been tagged!http://www.reallyfrugal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails