*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, August 4, 2014

Blast From the Past

Yesterday was a hard day. I figured it was because we were all sick with a nasty summer cold, which made for clingy baby, fighting children, grouchy parents, and an all around crazy house.

I was close to tears all day. I felt sad, weak, and lonely.

By evening I realized that it wasn't just the cold making me feel this way. It was seeing Amy dressed in the same overalls that Jacob wore as a baby. Seeing her dance around in them reminded me of happier days.
It's bittersweet, watching my baby grow up, while missing a son who never got the chance to.

Yet, I dreamed last night of holding baby Jacob. And for just a moment, in dream land, all was right with the world.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you saved them :) Amy had a little bit of her brother yesterday wrapped around her :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails