*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, August 29, 2014

100 Days of Real Food

A couple years ago I started following 100 Days of Real Food on Facebook. It was an easy way to see lunch ideas and get some great recipes for our family. I visit their blog occasionally and have pulled some of our favorite recipes from their (the creamy wheat macaroni and cheese is a favorite of my husband's!).

I was thrilled when I heard about their cookbook. And even more excited when they offered me a copy in order to review it! 
100 Days of Real Food by Lisa Leake is more like a Bible for food and healthy eating. The recipes are divine, yet family friendly and easy to make. The pictures are gorgeous (you know I love a cookbook with photos!)
Macaroni Casserole, anyone? (Page 252)
Fall is right around the corner, which means soups and stews! How about some Vegetable Chili? (Page 248)
The lunch box ideas are fantastic, and there are several pages of ideas. Perfect for any lunch, really, not just one away from home!
But it's not just recipes. The first half of the book is about the Leake's own food journey and how to get started on your own road to real food. From "What is Real Food?" to "Making Changes; Don't Overthink, Just Start!" 

There are menu plans based on seasons, what to watch for in food labels, how to shop, snack ideas, and so much more. As a busy mom, with limited time in the kitchen, this is the book on how to change our diet while not having anyone rebel at mealtimes! 

I am thrilled to add this to my bookshelf and see myself using it time and time again. Perfect for all degrees of cooks, the recipes even list the difficulty from easy to advanced.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails