*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Greetings

I'm a little behind wishing you all a Merry Christmas but I hope that it was a great one for you and your family.

I loved our simple Christmas. This was a '4 gift Christmas' and ended up being stress-free and one of the kid's favorites. With that said, our house is still a mess today and while I would love to take the day after Christmas easy and just lounge around and clean up it happens to also be my husband's birthday so we often go shopping, or out to eat. This year we were gifted a "family day out" with a gift card to a restaurant, a days pass to a museum, and a car pass into a park filled with Christmas lights so we spent our day having fun as a family.

With Christmas past us I want to remind everyone that lots of money can be saved by shopping for next Christmas now. Because I stocked up last year when things were 75% off I didn't have to buy any wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper, or gift tags this year. Not only that but gifts can be found at awesome prices the next few weeks and not only will shopping early save you money but also stress. Most items are not holiday specfic, so getting lotion, books, movies, gift sets, etc. for 50% to 75% off and sticking them in your "gift cupboard" will make gift giving easy all through the year. Many great deals will be online in the coming weeks as well.

I'm exhausted after a full two days and am heading off to bed soon. Time to get back to normal starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails