*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Did It

I weighed myself this morning. There was no gasp of surprise - the number was actually what I thought it would be. No, I'm not brave enough to announce it to the world - yet.


My goal weight is about 15-20 lbs. less than I am now. I am setting a goal for a 1 lb. weight loss each month. If it's more, great, but if not 1 lb. is a very attainable goal. While it may not sound like a lot, those last 10 lbs. are always the hardest to lose...I think everyone can attest to that. If I'm 12 lbs. lighter by the end of the year I will be happy with that.



I will weigh in each Sunday and let you know the results. My scale only goes by pounds (not halves or fourths) so it may take some time to see results. Once I start to see a difference I'll share what works/doesn't work for me.



I'm not obsessed with losing weight. My main goal is to start portion control (I'm really bad with this!) and good food choices. It will be a more of a lifestyle change then a diet.



Otherwise, my goals is for my house to also lose some weight (organization starts NOW!) and my savings account to gain some weight. I'll let you follow along with the process as well! :)



Today is a new beginning...won't you join me?!


Edited to add: If you are on Facebook you may want to "like" my page as I will highlight some simple things on there about my eating, organizing, and budgeting.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck on your journey. I am on a mission to lose about 80 pounds this year. Look forward to following you!

    Melissa~http://from-fat-to-thin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goal! I have 65 pounds to lose but I'm determined to make this my year. I'm excited to see what I can do and I'll be looking to you for lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails