*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello New Year!

This was a hard year and I'm ready for it to end and a new one to start. To be honest, I feel like I "missed" this whole year. There are whole months that I can barely remember and you wouldn't believe how many times I went to write the date this year and started to write 2010...yep...I just wasn't present in 2011 much. I'm ready for new beginnings and pray that 2012 is a joyous year for us all.




As I speak write I am sitting on the bed after having just put 4 overflowing baskets of laundry away. While doing so I opened the window in the bedroom and enjoyed the breeze of fresh air wafting in the window. Even the cat enjoyed it as she climbed into the window sill. Call me crazy (I know you already do!) but 50 degrees on the last day of December here is something to celebrate - it's virtually unheard of! By now we would typically be covered with snow and frigid temperatures. Instead, we are enjoying an extremely mild winter thus far and I am loving it!




I swear it smells like spring in the bedroom now. It felt like Spring when I was out earlier cleaning and vacuuming out the van (yeah, I never did get that crossed off my to-do list the other day!) and watching over the kids as they played in the yard. If only every winter were like this I wouldn't mind this season one bit. Even though I know that we bound to get the ice, snow, sleet, way below zero temperatures, and long dreary days yet this year this gift of nice weather will make this season that much shorter.


While others prepare to go out for New Year's Eve we are taking it easy here at home. Putting away the Christmas decorations, cleaning out the van, putting away the laundry, and cleaning the dining room and living room was how we spent our day. This evening we will snuggle together while watching a movie and enjoying our tray of snacks - champagne for mommy and daddy and sparkling grape juice for the kids, cheese (and cheese ball), summer sausage, and crackers, little smokies with BBQ sauce, chicken wings, popcorn, and leftover Christmas cookies will be what's on the menu.


And we will ring in the New Year here at home - which is where we will find everything we have ever needed - love, laughter, and each other.


Happy New Year! Thanks for spending 2011 with me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails