*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, December 22, 2011

Elves Bakery

This week has been spent in the kitchen preparing goodies. All that's left is decorating the sugar cookie cut outs, which we will do tomorrow.



My favorite sugar cookie recipe is one that my mom received at her bridal shower. It's the only one we used growing up and the only one I've used in my own home.

1 cup butter, softened



3 eggs



3 1/2 c. flour



1 tsp. soda



1 1/2 cups sugar



1 tsp. vanilla



1/2 tsp. salt



2 tsp. cream of tartar



Cream butter. Add sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one.



Stir in vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together and add gradually to creamed mixture. Chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Roll on floured surface. Cut into desired shapes. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Decorate!



My icing is just powdered sugar mixed with a tiny bit of milk, until desired consistency. Rolling out the dough isn't complete without the rolling pin that my grandma gave to me on the first Christmas that I was married...it was the same one that her Grandma used and I will forever treasure it!


Gingerbread men from a recipe that my friend gave to me. I love me some gingerbread but it's been years since I've made it. I love these and think they will become a yearly tradition.

My baby boy used his artistic talents to decorate his cookies.


Those are probably the best of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails