*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, September 29, 2011

Randomness

In the past week and a half we have had one day with sun. We made the most of that day by walking to the library and stopping at a park.
The rest of the days are reminiscent of winter days and a bit unsettling. For someone who despises the long cold days of winter I live in an unlikely place...one where winter can last 6 months! We've been spending a lot of our time on school work and arts and crafts. My table is full of painted acorns at the moment.
We are getting ready for Jacob's Make A Wish trip to Disney World which is coming up very soon. The one and only time I have flown was in 2000 so I'm researching all the TSA rules to make sure we pack correctly. Most of us are excited about flying but we have one holdout in the family who is a bit hesitant. The vacation itself just gets more and more exciting - the resort itself now sounds as much fun as Disney World...horseback riding, putt putt golf, and our own villa! The kids are thrilled and I love their excitement!
I've finally finished switching over the kid's wardrobe to fall/winter and packed away their summer stuff, except for their outgrown items which I listed on ThredUp (sorry, my boxes have already been picked but by clicking on the link above and signing up with a new account you will get $5 to spend on your first box!). Switching over clothing takes me such a long time so I asked on the Trenches Of Mommyhood Facebook page how you all organize and received some good tips from you all!

I'm already shopping for Christmas and have a lot already hidden away. Christmas will be different this year, but more about that later. I've mainly been shopping on Amazon and using all the Swagbucks that I've earned to get free $5 Amazon cards. I've looked through my history and in the past two years I've earned over $300 in Amazon giftcards through Swagbucks, which is incredible considering that I only earn them by doing the regular internet searches that I always did. If you haven't signed up yet, do so now through 10/3 and get 100 Swagbucks just for signing up by entering the code BIGTIMEBUCKS. There are all types of rewards but I go for the $5 Amazon cards, which are 450 swagbucks. I can easily earn at least one $5 card a month by using the search engine, though I typically earn more. All I do is instead of using my browser to get to a site I use the search engine - it takes no more time and I often win several times a day this way.

A friend recently shared with me a website that is an excellent resource for families looking for family friendly movies. Check out the Movieguide here. (Thanks, Amy!)

Now I'm off to make the kids some apple cider and myself some raspberry leaf tea. It's chilly and the wind is howling outside so it really is the type of weather that calls for a stiff hot drink.

2 comments:

  1. I just started purchasing photo books on Shutterfly whenever I get a free code- perfect gifts for the relatives. I love this time of year when the photo deals really start coming out. I LOVE the blogger promotion Shutterfly does so I can get my Christmas cards for FREE. Nothing better than free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the Shutterfly deals but haven't purchased yet...those books WOULD make great gifts! I need to do that sometime. I've never heard about the blogger promotion they do...but free is always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails