*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Auntie's Famous Rolls

I don't recall if I've posted this recipe already or not, I have a vague recollection of doing so but can't find it here. It's such an easy and delicious recipe that it won't hurt to post it again, even if I have already done so.

These are my Auntie Jane's famous rolls. She used to bring them to family gathering and everyone raved about them. I can't get enough of them and make them quite often. I plan to try this recipe when making my pepperoni rolls next time.

3 T. butter (no substitutes), melted
1 1/4 c. warm water
Combine and add two t. dry yeast. Stir and add 3 T. sugar, then 1 t. salt. Add 3 c. flour, stir, add more flour if needed. Knead for five minutes. Place in bowl and let rise. Punch down and shape into nine rolls. Put on lightly greased baking sheet, let rise again. Bake @ 350 degrees for around 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails