*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Randomness

Wow, this is the first time I have neglected my blog so badly. It just proves how busy the past several weeks have been...in a good way.

Jacob is still doing great. His Hemoglobin was at 9.5 today and platelets at 57. This is the first time that his Hemoglobin has stayed this high after receiving the Carboplation cocktail. His platelets did drop to 17k this week which meant a platelet transfusion on Wednesday morning but besides that Jacob has been doing wonderfully!

I have some fun pictures to share, once I find my memory card reader, that is. I recall placing it on my desk the other day but it has not been seen since. I will work on finding that this weekend so that my posts can get back to being more colorful.

Joe and I just spent awhile outside weeding the garden and flower beds. This is the first chance I've gotten, between the oppressive heat and hoards of mosquitoes to weed without having a heat stroke or being attacked by the blood suckers. It is hot yet, as showcased by the sweat which was running down my face, but not unbearable like it had been the past week. There are piles of weeds throughout the yard which the kids and I will pick up a bit later to stick into the compost bin.

My garden is growing and the waterfall of rain that we received early this morning did wonders for it. We picked our first three cucumbers this week and have gotten one gypsy pepper and two rip tomatoes so far. I'm afraid that we may not get many more tomatoes than that as half of our 12 tomato plants came down with either the blight or wilt. The remaining just are not producing well at all. The only ones that look as though they will wield good amounts are the cherry tomatoes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Cherokee Purple and Lemon Boy at least give us a few - the kids will be thrilled with purple and yellow tomatoes. My rhubarb, on the other hand, just won't stop. It's a crazy amazing magical producing food machine. No matter how much I pick it just keeps growing and making more. I spent much of my evening yesterday picking and slicing to get some put away in the freezer.

I hope to be back to our regularly schedule programming now. It's been nice to have a break but I feel out of the loop, as some of you may feel as well. With that said, if you want some more up to date posts you can become a fan of "Jacob's Ladder" on Facebook. While my mother does not update it that often she does put the most important info on there.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear Jacob is doing so well! I hope your family is enjoying the summer! Your garden sounds like a delicious adventure I wish I had a place to garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to hear Jacob is doing well. It's nice to take a blogging break every once in a while. It gives one fuel for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear Jacob's good news! :) Thank you!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. just glad to know he is doing well. our garden does not seem to be doing as well this year

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails