*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grumpy Makes Me Feel Like Garbage

I woke up grouchy yesterday. Because of being in a grumpy mood I decided I didn't care about eating the right foods and so ate two Scotcharoos for breakfast. Because I started off eating that way in the morning I continued with eating garbage the rest of the day. Which meant I felt like garbage the whole day.

It made me realize, once again, how food can affect your mood. If you eat garbage, you feel it. If you eat greasy foods, you feel it. If you eat healthy...you feel it.

I woke up on the right side of the day today (I really think that the weather affects me greatly...it's sunny today so I have energy and a good mood). I started the day with my bowl of steel cut oats.
Today I had it with maple syrup, diced apples, walnuts, and cinnamon. Delicious!

I found that at our local grocery store the Bob's Red Mill steel cut oatmeal is less expensive than the Quaker steel cut oatmeal. I've been buying the Bob's Red Mill and pouring it into the Quaker box since the Red Mill comes in bagged form.
For lunch I had a large salad of baby mixed greens with olives, chick peas, and sliced almonds. I did pour a little french dressing on it but once that bottle is used up I will be making my own simple salad dressing (any favorite recipes?!). It was very satisfying. Tonight I plan to make BBQ chicken with vegetables and more salad. Strawberries are on sale at the grocery store this week for 99 cents a lb. so we will be purchasing several packages of them - they are a favorite in this house!


It is beautiful weather today so I have been washing floors, hanging clothes on the line, and now it's time to take a walk with the kids. Hope your day is as bright and fresh as ours.

3 comments:

  1. http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-homemade-salad-dressing.html

    My salad dressing recipe. I have never met anyone who didn't like it. People who won't eat salad will eat it with this dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite "salad dressings" is to toss a little bit of chopped cilantro into the salad and squeeze a lemon on top. Wonderfully refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This resonates with me so much! I, too, am effected and affected by weather. If I start eating crappy sometime in the day, it is usually fairly hard to get back on the right track after. Ugh. But we persevere. Steel cut oats are my favorite with honey and bananas...I think I know what my afternoon snack will be!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails