*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lentils, anyone?

I love one pot dishes and this recipe clearly fits the bill: Honey Baked Lentils. Throw it all in a dish, cover with tin foil, and bake. Becca, Joe, and I ate this for lunch the other day. Jacob wouldn't touch it but his appetite has been picky as of late. Joe liked this so much that he ate two bowls of it. I ate some plan and then scooped the rest up with pita bread. This would also make an excellent side dish and I can see myself adding carrots or other vegetables I might have on hand at the time to this dish to make it even more filling and healthy!
1 cup lentils 2 cups water 2 tbsp honey 2 tbsp soysauce 2 tbsp olive oil 1/2 tsp ginger 1 clove garlic 1 small onion salt & pepper to taste

Bake in a covered dish at 350 until tender (about an hour and a half). Jacob and I are getting packed and ready to head to the hospital tomorrow morning for another chemo treatment. It will be an overnight stay so hopefully we will be home early Saturday afternoon. Tomorrow Jacob also gets an ECHO to see how his heart is handling the treatments and to monitor any changes. He already had bi-cuspid aortic valve and now this added onto it is just another issue to worry about. But that's the way this journey is. His blood counts are up pretty good today and he just told me he's happy it's only overnight. I'll post from the hospital if I get the ECHO results while there. Or just another random post of nothingness. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I make this awesome soup my family loves! :)

    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/lentil-soup/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that al goes well with the stay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest daughter (15 yrs) has a bi-cuspid heart valve. Before we changed our diet eight years ago, she had narrowing as she was growing, a loud murmur, and never had a normal EKG. Within two years of extremely changing our diet and ever since, her EKG is normal, her valve has widened, she has no murmur, and the only evidence that she has anything wrong is by the Echo. The doctors have been amazed. We attend a clinic in Sioux City where Iowa City doctors fly in to do this. If you ever one to talk about this, send me a private email and I will call you.

    Praying for great success for Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - where did my comment go? Anyway - this lentil recipe looks like one of the better lentil recipes I have seen. And although I haven't posted it lately, we continue to pray for Jacob, you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails