*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dare We Hope?

Has Spring truly sprung here in the mid-west?! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is here to stay. The past several days have slowly turned our world from white to hints of green.
Today it reached 60 degrees so I opened the windows and let some fresh air in. I hung clothes on the line for the first time this year and breathed in the scent of freshness I took them down and folded them.
The kids did what they love to do and what they missed out on for many, many months. The swing set is always a big hit for the boys.
Becca keeps busy on her bike and working on masterpieces on the sidewalk.
I worked in the garden beds while the kids played. My raised beds need some repairs as some of the wood is rotting. Once we (rather, my husband) gets that fixed I can get to planting some cold weather vegetables, one of the kids favorites being radishes. Because of having a raised bed the soil thaws much quicker than the ground and stays warmer than ground level soil so I am able to start planting earlier than normally.
We've been enjoying walks, sunshine on our faces, and peaceful days that feel *normal*. What more could one ask for?!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the first day of spring the best! It hit 60 here in New England today and tomorrow is supposed to be 62! I even got a little color in my cheeks the sun was so warm and wonderful! (and I am admittedly very pale to be able to get color so soon!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails