*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, February 4, 2011

I Had A Dream...

I've always had vivid, imaginative, and strange dreams. Almost every morning I would awake with memories of a dream I had that previous night. My dreams were usually wild and wacky...so much so that one of my cousins would always ask "What dreams have you had lately?" whenever we saw each other because she loved to hear about them.

Lately my dreaming has died down. I can only remember a handful of dreams that I have had in the past six weeks. Most of them were dreams that I would rather had not remembered. A lot of mornings I wake up and can't remember if I dreamed that night or not, which is highly unusual for me.

Last night I had a vivid dream, and while it didn't really make sense, it left me feeling better when I woke up. My Grandma was in the dream, I've had three dreams so far since her passing in November with her in it. In my dream I knew that she was dead, and yet she was standing before me at her house and we were talking. I remember the conversation she and I had, which was about money and her house. Later in the dream the shed behind her house was a barn and my husband I were leading a black cow into the barn. When I opened the door there was a little orange cat and a black and white puppy, which my husband had gotten and put in the barn as a gift to me. I bent down to pet the kitten and checked it's flea collar to make sure it wasn't too tight. We then tried to find the lights and couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on in the barn, but we finally did. We heard a car start in the driveway and I went out to yell at the person that we were in the back...it was one of my husband's old friends who had come to visit and he drove back up towards the house when he saw us.

And that basically sums it up. It was an odd dream, my children weren't a part of it, I don't know if I was even a parent in my dream. But I was happy in the dream...and it's the first time I've been happy in weeks. I woke up feeling better, with a sense of peace. It's funny, because most of the dream makes no sense to me...and yet it leaves me feeling settled. For now, that's good enough.

1 comment:

  1. Kittens and puppies and Grandma..of course you were happy those are happy things. You deserve happy things more now then ever. Hope Jacob is doing well. Still praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails