*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tie One on for Size

The kids had their testing for new Tae Kwon Do belts on Tuesday.
On Thursday we attended the ceremony and watched the children get their white with orange striped belts. This is their third belt and they are doing great in class.
It was bittersweet watching the ceremony as I couldn't help but think about my Grandma throughout it. My Grandma was so excited when she heard that the kids were taking Tae Kwon Do classes and would ask them about their class and what they learned each time we saw her.
She once even asked "I wonder if a 82 year old woman could take those classes?" Believe me, she would have tried too, as she was up for anything!
I had planned on inviting her to come with us to class to watch the kids some time, once she was feeling better after the radiation. She never got that chance.
But maybe she did get to see that ceremony on Thursday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails