*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

As Close As It Gets

I love, love, LOVE the salad that they have at The Olive Garden. When I was pregnant with Becca I used to crave the salad there. The price just isn't always right for eating out there so I had to make do with my once yearly visits.

That is, until my older brother managed to make a replica that tastes pretty much the same. It is delicious and everyone in this family gobbles down a huge bowl of it faster than thought possible.

Place one bag of salad in large bowl. Add sliced onions (purple work best). Add pickled banana peppers and olives (we don't like black olives so substitute green in their place), adding a bit of juice from each jar into the salad. Toss. Add in croutons and Italian dressing. Toss again. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

I think I may have to run out to get some salad mix as I'm craving this for lunch now!

2 comments:

  1. I used to wait tables at the O.G. and they sell bottles of the dressing for around 5 bucks too, just in case you can't find the proper Italian flavor....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I haven't checked your blog for a few weeks and funny I read this as your first post. DH and I are headed to do a few "deals" at our favorite drug stores and will hit Olive garden, because we LOVE the soup and salad deal for $6.95. DH can eat a bowl of that salad himself.. Thanks for sharing, I will have to give this a shot...

    Lisa
    (friend of your moms)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails