*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why?

In our local free classified newspaper there is a section called "$75 or Less". As long as the item you are listing is $75 or less the cost of the advertisement is free. I often laugh at some of the advertisements as they seem like a joke. For example, today we have:

Hardcover cookbook, excellent condition, variety of food recipes. $15

Jigsaw puzzle for ages over 12 years, 25 cents

Scooby Doo complete twin size bedding set $50 (I don't think these are even near $50 new)

VHS movie $5 (it doesn't even list what movie!)

These are all different people, so I can't blame it on just one person. I almost feel like calling about the jigsaw puzzle and offering them 10 cents, if they can deliver.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I read this today, because I just saw the SAME ad that has run nearly all summer for the $5 tiki torch. Considering you have to fill out the form for the ad for each weekly publication, that is a very determined seller of the tiki torch.

    And to think, I just threw out my tiki torches. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails