*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Movin' On Up

As you may have noticed, I'm changing the layout of the blog. Unfortunately, I am having major issues with the layout program and every time I try to access the program it shuts my computer down. I'm stuck about half way through my redesign so please bear with me as I try to get it to where I want it.

We signed the two oldest up for Tae Kwon Do a little over a month ago. We wanted an activity for them that would be fun but also teach discipline and respect. Our tiny town doesn't have a whole lot to offer in the way of children's activities but we feel we have made a good choice as the kids are enjoying it greatly.

They have already been able to test for a new belt and just tonight received a white with yellow stripe belt. They are no longer newbies! They were so proud at the belt ceremony where they were applauded and handed their new belt from the instructor. I wish that I had photos of the ceremony but I had to stay home with Joe and my husband didn't think to bring the camera. I do have these two photos of the kids on Saturday right before they went off to their belt testing. They were both excited and nervous.
Besides Tae Kwon Do, we will be signing them up for 4-H Clover Kids. They also go to the homeschool get together that we have twice monthly, so those worries about "un-socialized homeschoolers" that so many have is unfounded. :)

Looking at the kids today I realized that my babies are growing up! When Becca smiled at me with her two missing front teeth I glimpsed that little baby I used to have within the body of a big girl. It's bittersweet in the fact that some days I can't wait for them to just act a little older, and other days I want to make time stand still. The emotional battle of being a mama...

3 comments:

  1. I feel your blog re-design pain. ;) The last time I attempted to change the design of my blog for some reason it crashed the whole thing and I had to re-do it from the very beginning. I am thinking on migrating over to a different server hoping that will help. If I get brave that is. LOL

    Your kids are adorable and yes they grow up fast. My baby will be 10 soon! That means no more single digit kids for me. When I drop him off at school and I see all of the young parents with little ones I remember how once upon a time that was me. I get kinda sad at the thought. It is hard to believe how fast time goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pics. I just had my site redesigned yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute I can't wait for my kids to enjoy extra curricular activities. But since they are daycare kids I wonder if we will ever be at home anymore. One of the reasons to move closer to town. I feel like a pig lately too. I figured out chocolate was giving me migraines so I had to give tha up that BUT guess what peanut butter is just as good oink oink. I just don't have the energy for the 5 mile runs like i used to. Inspire me with your weighloss!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails