*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stop Throwing Your Money Away Part II

A few days ago I wrote about paper plates and paper towels. I mentioned finding a new favorite thing for cleaning windows.

Micro Fiber Cloths!

I've heard about them before but was addicted to paper towels for cleaning windows and picking up spills that I didn't want to give them a chance. A month ago when I met some ladies for a fun filled day of shopping we stopped at a little Amish General Store and there was a large pile of micro fiber cloths with a little booklet about them. We all grabbed one to try at home and paid around $2 each.

I am in love with this product! I have not bought a roll of paper towels for over a month now. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am using rags for messy messes and am now using the Micro Fiber cloth for mirrors. It works 100 times better than any paper towel, leaving no streaks or fibers behind on the mirrors and windows. I have children who love to peer out the window and I have two full length mirrors attached to both sides of the bathroom door, so there are always oodles of fingerprints to wipe off. This cloth does the trick.

It is thick, soft, and reusable. Once it's dirty just throw it in the wash. No more paper towels to buy...or throw away!

Micro Fiber is plastic (80% polyester, 20% polyamide). A microscopic plastic wire cuts through dust, grime, and moisture and picks it up like a magnet without scratching the surface. It absorbs up to seven times it's weight in moisture and can be used on any surface.

Can also be used for:

carpet spots and spills, dish drying, vegetable and fruit cleaning, computers, hair drying, pet care, and more!

I've seen these at the dollar stores before and am fairly certain that even Walmart carries them in the car care section. My towel is called a "Miracle Towel" but I am sure all micro fiber cloths are fairly similar. Try one - it will save you money and save the waste that paper towels create.

3 comments:

  1. I am trying out my wonder mop tomorrow. I will let u know what i think. I think i will always use paper towels in the bathroom but sounds good for other areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember not to use fabric softener or dryer sheets or they become non-absorbent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi- Let us know how you like the mop!

    Sharalyns- Thanks for the tip! I remembered this about cloth diapers but could have forgotten about this cloth!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails