*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, August 20, 2010

One Of Those Weeks & Reader's Updates

It has been one of those weeks. Those crazy busy, filled to the brim, don't have a moment to think weeks.

School started this week. As a homeschooling family that means that mama is just a tad bit busier these days. Becca is in first grade and Jacob is in Kindergarten so their book work doesn't take all day. We can get their seat work done in less than an hour and then devote time throughout the day to work on art projects, PE, and various hands on experiences. Daddy is teaching them History this year so that is one thing less on my plate.

School started off great the first day. Then the kids all got sick. Throwing up sick. Grouchy sick. Cranky sick. Hyper in between sickness sick. Not only the kids got sick, but mama and daddy haven't felt so hot the past couple days either. I got off easy with an upset stomach but hubby even came home early from work yesterday because he felt so bad.

We've done school in between these bouts of sickness but it hasn't been fun.

I got a sunburn on Monday when we were at a park all afternoon for a homeschool picnic and have been dealing with the pain and peeling the past few days. I have taken up jogging (somewhat) and have been dealing with shin pain. Walking/running 3-4 miles last night with the dog gave me blisters on both heels, so more pain. I won't complain too much because I love, love, love the peace and quiet and the energy boost I get from these walks/runs.

I think we are all finally on the mend so here is to a brighter next week!

For a budget update: Wednesday hubby ran to the store for pop, Popsicles, and a few other things for a total of $8.91. Life Insurance was due which was $22.36. $20 in gas was put in the van. Yesterday Groupon had a deal where you could buy a $50 GAP coupon for just $25. This can be used on clearance prices as well so I bought one. I figure I can get some pretty cheap clothes or underwear and socks for the kids by matching this with clearance prices. I bought one for $25...at least I hope I bought one. I never received a confirmation e-mail and can't figure out how to check my account to see if it was bought. So I will tentatively say that I spent $25. We are down to $291.78 left for the month.

I forgot to have reader updates last Friday so now if your chance to check in if you have been taking a Budget Challenge along with me. How are you doing close to three weeks into the month? If you are blogging about this please share your blog link as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails