*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, July 19, 2010

What A Fun Day!

I mentioned on Saturday morning that I was leaving for a day long trip. My sister and I left bright and early and traveled two hours to meet a group of three other women for some fun, food, and shopping. What a fun day it turned out to be!

Our first stop was the bakery in town where I enjoyed a super duper giant cinnamon roll and orange juice. Everyone chatted for a bit and then we headed off to an Amish bent and dent store, bulk food store, and the cheese factory...

My children would have loved to be able to see the actual cheese being made so I snapped a photo for them and brought them some fresh cheese curds home, which squeak when they are fresh. The kids have been munching on them all day!

Next we ventured to a lovely antique shop. This particular shop had an old farmhouse filled with antiques and a small cottage with some newer items. I fell in love with the shabby chic decorating style. The owners of the shop are quite talented in finding spectacular ways to arrange things. Seeing as how I haven't been shopping without my children in over a year (besides the grocery store) it was lovely to browse through a store slowly...a store that I would never step foot in with children. I just had to take a photo of the staircase in the shop:

And a photo from the loft:
These were both snapped in the small cottage, which held a lot of newer things. I wish I had thought to take a photo inside the old farmhouse as each room was so full of decorating inspiration. We all got several new decorating ideas from our stroll through the shops and saw a lot of things that we wish we could afford!
It was so wonderful to get a girls day out with friends and we are already talking about a fall gathering, where we hope that a few friends who couldn't make it this time around will be able to join in the fun! (I'm the one in orange at the far right.)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, that does look like a store not to be entered with children. How exciting to have some adult girl time. Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my house was cluttery. Thinking of all the dusting just tires me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day! I love that kind of shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen this! Love the pictures and it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails