*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vegetable Lo Mein

We all love, love, love Chinese food. There are days that I just crave me some vegetable lo mein and pepper chicken. I have been searching high and low for a vegetable lo mein that is similar to the one at the restaurant that we frequent. I finally found one that comes close, but is still missing a little something. I think I will add some sesame oil next time to see if that changes it. The original recipe is delicious though so I'm posting it anyway, before tweaking a few things.


3 T. olive oil

16 oz. spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained

1 medium onion, sliced in strips

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/8 t. crushed red pepper flakes

2 to 3 cups of coleslaw cabbage mix (the bagged kind you see in the store with cabbage and carrots)

1/3 c. soy sauce

Heat olive oil in skillet. Saute' onion, garlic, and pepper flakes. Add cabbage mix. Once slightly wilted, add spaghetti. Stir in soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.

You can also add bok choy, bell peppers, or other vegetables of interest. Add some chicken or pork to make a meaty lo mein. The sky is the limit!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails