*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 14

We didn't spend any money yesterday, which is a step up from the last few days. Believe me, I wanted to go shopping. It was a gray and dreary day and I wanted to get out of the house. Instead, we went out for a little drive and came right back home. So our total left for the month still stands at $383.84.

On Friday I was looking for something for lunch and couldn't find one thing that I felt like eating. I was sick of sandwiches, we didn't have any leftovers, and our cupboard were fairly bare. I flipped through one of my cookbooks and saw corn fritters which involves very basic ingredients. I thought I'd fry some up for lunch and eat them with some sliced cucumbers. It turned out to be a delicious lunch for a hot, lazy day.

Corn Fritters
1 can corn, drained
2 eggs
3 T. milk
3 T. flour
salt and pepper
Mix together and fry like pancakes. They turned out great in my iron skillet fried in a little butter. The recipe recommends serving with syrup or apple sauce but the kids and I like eating ours with ketchup on.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, those look yummy! I think I will make some right now!
    Stopping in from MckMama's!
    **New follower**

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails