*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, May 6, 2010

Need New Camera!

I don't own a camcorder. As a matter of fact, I have never owned one. I regret that. There are so many things that I wish I would have been able to catch on video and replay again and again...

...the first steps that each child has taken.

...their birthdays and other holidays.

...the kid's cousins, aunt, and uncle that they have only met once.

...and so much more.

Just last week I posted a request on my Facebook page for suggestions on digital cameras. My $15 Samsung garage sale find digital camera just isn't cutting it anymore. I received a lot of suggestions but didn't decide on anything yet.

Now I've heard about this camera... And I want it! A digital camera and camcorder all in one?! How great would that be? I'm going to have to casually mention what I "need" for this Mother's Day!

What favorite family moments have you captured on video that have become priceless treasures?

Canon has released the PowerShot SX210 IS, which combines the ability to take great photos & also shoot high definition video. Canon and JuiceBoxJungle sponsored me to write this post, and talk about what shooting video means to my family.

2 comments:

  1. I just posted the same thing on FB today!! I hate my current camera and the one that came yesterday, I am sending back. Both of these have flashes that you have to manually flip up and down. How stupid is that!!

    As for the video camera, we have one that is almost 14 years old, and we only pull it out on Christmas morning. That's it. :) It's so fuzzy, but we haven't looked for a new one, so we have to make it work until then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i found out i was pregnant i treated myself to a digital video/still camera. it was pricey but worth every penny. i picked up a sanyo xacti. mine is a few years old now but still works great.
    http://uk.sanyo.com/Products/View/VPC-CG100EXBK-B
    they are super small, light weight and simple to use. love it.
    best event i captured with it: last year my gram was dieing. i flew to the states with my son so she could meet him before she went. we had a huge family party for her and 10grandkids showed up with 5 of greatgrand kids. it was awesome to film my son doing the same stuff at her house i used to do as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails