*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grocery Update

We all went shopping today so there were a few things put into the cart that I had no control over!

Menu for the week:

Breakfast for supper

Homemade Pizza

Enchilada Casserole

Spaghetti

Taco Salad

Sausage/sauerkraut sandwiches

All are served with sides, vegetables, and fruit.

Shopping List:

Butterfinger 74 cents

Great Value something or other (it doesn't say what) $1.50

Eggs $1.38

candy bar 74 cents

pepperoni $2.44

candy bar 50 cents

poptarts $1.86

gogurt yogurt $2.25 (minus $1.10 coupon I had)

String cheese $4

baked ham slices $2.98

zesty twirls french fries $2.52

buns $2

Rimmel Bronzer $4.48 (free with coupon from All You Magazine)

Mini Ravaoli $1.88

spaghetti $1.67

spaghetti sauce $1.33

7up $1

onion 96 cents

doritos $1.98

tortilas $1.76

twinkies $2

Beef ramon noodles $1.98

turkey and gravy $2.28 (minus $1.50 coupon)

bologna $1.27

parmesan $2,78

pizza sauce $1

bubble bath $2.47

toothpaste $1.97

banana pudding $1

tin foil $1.12

meat sticks $2.98 (minus $1 coupon)

sauerkraut $1.24

cookie $1.24

Total was $56.09. All I have left to pick up is some ground beef (I hate the ground beef at Wal-mart), the salad that I forgot, and some milk. So way under budget this week! I will pick up more fresh fruit at the grocery store too. Lately we have been craving grapes and watermelon and luckily they were both on sale last week so we had them several times. Becca and I love fresh green beans sauteed with onions and bacon and the green beans were also on sale so we have been eating a lot of those. I'm glad I am getting back into the habit of writing out a list and menu as I went two weeks without doing so and we ate too much junk food and spent too much at the store.

I'm off to work some more in the garden (planted carrots, spinach, turnips, cabbage, cucumbers, and kohlrabi today) and to take my laundry off the line. It is a beautiful day and I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had a super walmart here for groceries. I feel like a frugal failure I just can't get as low as you-my kids eat a lot of school food too and we are only a family of 4 ugh. Your husband should be happy about all your savings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, Jodi! I actually rarely shop at Super Wal-mart for my groceries as the nearest one is about 25 miles away. We have one small grocery store here in town that I mainly shop at and although the prices are higher I try to shop the sales.
    Don't feel bad about spending more; it really depends on where you live on how low you can go when it comes to groceries. Some areas of the country are just a lot more expensive than others. Even cutting $10 or $20 off a week on your grocery budget is a great improvement. That's an extra $40-$80 in your pocket each month!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails