*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Quick Thrifty Tip

I heard yesterday that Walgreens have marked many of their Walgreens brand diapers down to as low as $2.19. While out shopping today we stopped at one Walgreens and their shelves were wiped clean (except for sizes 5 & 6 which apparently aren't on sale) but there were spaces were the clearance tag read $2.19. So we ran to another Walgreens and the shelves were also wiped clean on the smaller sizes but I saw three size 4 packages with a price of $7.99 but asked for them to scan them and they rang up for $2.19! So I got the only three packages they had. The size five and six that were there still rang up for $7.99. So if you have babies or toddlers I suggest you see if your Walgreens has them on clearance (I have heard it may be nationwide) and if any are left. Ask them to scan them if the prices aren't marked, you may score a great deal! Even though I am back to cloth diapers for the most part I like having the option of using disposables for when we away from home, so these inexpensive diapers are great! Let me know if you find any at your stores!

3 comments:

  1. What are you going to use instead of processed meat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi-
    I guess that is one of the reasons why I haven't made the switch yet...it is hard to find an alternative for processed meats. The fact remains though that bologna and hot dogs are some of the most highly processed meats so substituting those with less processed meats such as tukey and chicken would be a better choice. It is something I will start to slowly change but we actually don't eat a lot of bologna or hot dogs anyway, maybe once a week at the most. So right now I am not too concerned with our consuption of those products. Someday we will nix them completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks that makes sense -I think the hotdogs also have nitrates which makes them Xtra bad but what will my kids always eat HOT DOGS! If they are hungry enough though I have noticed they will even eat the healthy stuff so it is

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails