*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Me! Monday

On Saturday when we went shopping we did not stop at Long John Silvers to grab a bite to eat. Seeing as how we weren't extremely hungry we did not decide to just share two meals between the five of us (and it truly did end up being enough food for us all!) only to have the man taking our order look funny at us and look around at ALL of us and then take pity on us and give the kids free soft drinks, wash off tattoos, and more. I did not feel like explaining that we really could afford to buy meals for all of us but knew that most of the food would go to waste had we done that. I did not instead keep quiet and avoid glancing in his direction during our meal.

I did not grab a candy bar at the checkout counter on Saturday and totally blow my Lenten resolution of giving up candy. Nope, not me!

Yesterday when we reached a balmy 35 degrees I did not take three (yes, count them, THREE!) walks around the neighborhood. Once with the kiddos and hubby and the other two times with the dogs. I did not declare the weather as delicious and bask in the sun as I strolled along. I guess I was not missing the warmer weather as much as I thought I was! :)

Happy Not Me! Monday!

6 comments:

  1. This certainly has been the longest winter EVER.... Tomorrow is supposed to be almost 50 here, I am *not* already planning our outdoor adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am missing warm too we had beautiful weather this weekend and I din "not" avoid house work and play outside all weekend ...love the LJS story we have done this before too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you call it not me monday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you put up pink words and the writeing that says Elizbeth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you got outside! We just started venturing out ourselves. It has been too cold!
    Long John Silvers. That is too funny. You do get a ton of food there. I eat it about once every 5 years or so because I'm usually sick for a few days afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie-
    It is called Not Me Monday because it is a day when mothers can admit to things that they "would never ever do".
    To change colors and certain things in your blog you go into your layout and switch things around. My signature came from a google search somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails