*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, February 8, 2010

Not Me! Monday

Last week my family did not go through three packages of Oreos and a whole pan of peanut butter chocolate chip bars. That would just mean that we are pigs and I would never admit to that.

I did not get the whole kitchen clean (well, I skipped the floor, I'll mop later this week) and then go to take a relaxing bath only to come out of the bathroom to a pile of floor mats piled in the middle of the room and candle wax all over the stove, which I had just scrubbed within an inch of its life.

I did not give the boys a bath while I was cleaning up (again) and give them two cups to play with, only to hear a pouring noise and finding water all over the bathroom floor. The bathroom is right off the kitchen and I leave the door open and can see them at all times when I glance in the door or look at the mirror which is on the door...but it did not take me a moment to realize that the splashing noise was water hitting the floor, not the tub. I realized just in time...to find a small wadding pool. I just washed towels and now will be doing another load.

I did not run to Walmart for some needed items, only to come home without half the items because I just plain forgot that I needed them. I really do not need to stick to lists because my mommy brain is fried.

Have a happy Not Me! Monday! And don't forget to sign up for the drawing here
which ends at noon today.

12 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. It reminds me of a poem that my son learned about in homeschool and he likes to reread from time to time. It is called "Mr. Nobody" by an Anonymous author. If you haven't seen it before and would like me to email it to you just let me know, it is really cute and quite spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need more chocolate and peanut butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I hate going to the store and forgetting things! and my girls love to get water all over the bathroom... oh the messes we have to clean, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never get everything I need at Walmart and always end up spending twice what i intended too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are never pigs at our house either...and we didn't eat a ton of homemade cookies last week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie-
    I would love to read the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never forget items when shopping either! And my kids have never flooded my bathroom not even once LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! You poor thing! If I had a quarter for every time a room was messed up immediately after I cleaned it...I could hire a maid! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Messes messes messes...I never have to reclean...nope not me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I forget items every. single. time I go shopping. Doesn't it drive ya nuts???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun post! Keep enjoying those Oreos!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails