*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, January 14, 2010

Followup to Yesterday's Post

"You taught me to be nice, so nice that now I am so full of niceness, I have no sense of right and wrong, no outrage, no passion." ~Garrison Keillor

I enjoyed reading through all the comments of yesterday's post and seeing what everyone else thought. Even when I don't agree with what others write, it makes it easier to understand the other points of views.

It is difficult when writing an opinion to not sound judgemental. Because in a way, all of our opinions are judgements. But please realize that while I am against the pill because I believe there is the possibility that it can cause a fertilized egg to be "aborted", it does not mean that I think anyone who chooses that form of birth control is a horrible person. I just wanted to express my views because it is what I believe and I also think that there isn't enough information out there on the pill. It is actually a little known fact that regardless of what type of hormonal birth control pill you take, there is always the chance (however slight it may be) that you could ovulate and fertilize an egg, only to loose it due to the harsh environment that the birth control pill has created in your uterus. That is not something that doctors typically tell you and you have to read the pamphlets carefully to even find that info...which the majority of users probably do not do. If you understand that and decide that the pill is still right for you, then that is your choice. I wanted to raise awareness.

It is also true that due to some medical conditions sometimes the only thing that does work is the pill. There truly are pros and cons to the pill (as with any drug) but I feel that too many people are just apt to go on the pill because it is a quick fix. Those newly married couples or others who plan on becoming sexually active sometimes just automatically go on the pill, without researching the pros and cons and making an informed decision. That is what all these "Wholesome Wednesday" posts boil down to - making an informed decision. Whether you agree with my stance on circumcision, breastfeeding, or now birth control...to get to whatever your decision is I hope that you are doing loads of research and not just "going with the flow".

My posts on my blog are my opinions, thoughts, and beliefs. You know the saying about opinions and how everyone has one. I knew birth control was going to be a touchy subject and it was. But my main intent was not to judge but rather to get some lesser known information out there. I figure that many more of my "Wednesday Posts" will be controversial and a bit "out there" but it is a way to speak my mind about what I believe. I have passion in what I believe and will stand up for and defend it. It isn't about telling you that you are wrong if you choose differently. If you agree with me, feel free to share your thoughts. And if you don't agree, I want to hear from you too! I think it is wonderful when people can agree to disagree but learn something in the process. I look forward to future hot button issues to discuss with you!

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth if people are truly offended by something just remember that the offense is on them in reality. Opinions are just as you said. Opinions are individual and even with people that have similar opinions are not the same.

    I say keep the uncomfortable/controversial posts coming it is good to get people thinking and occasionally riled up because it makes them truly think about things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances."
    "Live one day at a time emphasizing ethics rather than rules."
    Wayne Dyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Wednesday posts are my favorite. To be honest, I don't agree with you on alot of things but I have no problem agreeing to disagree. I enjoy reading different opinions on these topics so please keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails