*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Me! Monday


I did not skip brushing the kids teeth two days in a row. I did not do that because I lost their toothbrushes and couldn't find them no matter how hard I looked and then forgot to buy new ones when I was at the store.

I did not go to a pizza buffet yesterday to celebrate my daughter's birthday and overeat. I am eating healthy now so I would never load up on pizza, cactus bread, loaded mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn swimming in butter. I especially did not skip the salad bar altogether and stick only to the unhealthy fried greasy foods. Not me!

I did not return home from said pizza buffet to slice a huge piece of store bought birthday cake (gasp!) for myself. Greasy food and sugary sweetness?! Not me! And I would never actually buy a birthday cake because we all know I am Martha Stewart's twin and bake all my own cakes.

I did not tell hubby that "we" needed to take the air conditioners out of the windows and put in storage only to sit down and watch him take them out, put them away, and put the screens back in the windows all by himself. How rude that would have been!

I did not buy a bag of licorice and dislike the taste and announce "this stuff tastes gross" only to continue eating it until it was almost gone. That sounds like something only a pig would do! So I definitely did not do that!

Please make me feel better by telling me one of your "Not Me! Moments".

6 comments:

  1. The toothbrush thing was pretty hysterical. i think you can write off the pizza, cake and candy this week as birthday fever...i mean really. who can sit next to pizza and not enjoy one or 5 slices? and if the cake is in your home, i mean..you have to try it before the kids do..it's be poisonous, so you really want a big slice just to make sure it's safe for them to eat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my "Not Me" monday! Whew! I am glad about the teeth brushing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy NMM. Loved the post. NONE of that has happened in my family at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yeah. I think we were separated at birth. I am SOOOO right there with you!! I try to feed my kids all natural, raw, organic food as much as possible (and even me sometimes) but sometimes I have two days in a row where they eat junk!! (not that you do that)

    Anyway... this was really funny and I felt like I could have written it all..

    You are a treasure!! I am happy to be following you now!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny. I ate a whole bag of chocolate donuts the other day and called it "calcium". =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails