*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, October 9, 2009

Frugal Friday

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm fairly cheap. Some call it living on a shoestring, some call it "creative with money", and others call it being frugal. Most of the time I just call it cheap, but for the sake of being politically correct I will call it frugal from now on. Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I am very frugal.

So today is the start of my Frugal Friday postings. Each week I will pick a topic on how I save money or what little tricks are up my sleeves when it comes to getting by on less. As a family of five living off one income (and not a big income, at that) I want to point out that it really can be done. It takes some sacrifice to raise a family on one income but it is possible. And even if you don't have to watch every penny, even if you live on a very comfortable salary, it is always nice to save a dollar here or there or use less energy, gas, water, or waste to help the environment. Despite what some may want you to think, being frugal is not being tacky. I am glad that the "Be Green" movement is coming back. I am glad that it is now the 'cool' thing to buy smaller vehicles, live in a smaller space, and use less of the earths materials. While it isn't 'cool' in all circles, it is a trend I hope to see continue.

Is there anything in particular that you would like to see me address? My first frugal posting will be next week! And feel free to grab my button on the right and have your own Frugal Friday, linking it back to my site!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you to start this, I could really use some tips on living more frugal.
    I like to hear your tips on using coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading more on this, Elizabeth. With our family soon to be five too, I am always looking for ways to save. My downfall is that I am an impulse buyer and yard sales call my name even if what I find there isn't something I need, I HAVE to get something.
    HELP!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails