*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, September 11, 2009

Like a Hamster on a Wheel

Growing up we were never allowed the typical pets, such as a cat or a dog. But we had many small rodents...gerbils, a guinea pig, and hamsters. I remember watching the hamsters get their exercise by running on their wheel much of the day and now I feel exactly like I am doing the same. The wheel spins and you feel like you are getting somewhere, until you look back and notice that you haven't moved one bit. That is how cleaning goes in this house.

I pick up, put away, and vacuum and by the time I move onto the next room the kids are busy at work making the clean room as messy as they can. I wash loads of laundry, fold it and put it away and by the end of the day the hamper is filled with dirty clothes and towels. I wash dishes and pans only to have the sink filled with dirty ones a few hours later. It is exhausting and I can go around in circles and do this all day and still seem to not get anywhere.

I have been working on the two oldest and making them help out around the house more. Becca has even started doing dishes once in awhile and is often found helping me fold laundry. Even Joe helps pick up his toys at times. So I hope that as my children get older my work load at home will lessen a bit. Does anyone have any good tips on what chores are good for what age group?

(My three love bugs looking just as innocent as can be.)

2 comments:

  1. For little ones, setting & clearing the table, matching socks, folding wash clothes, getting clothes out of dryer,

    Vaccuming...I like to vaccum at the end of the day before husband come home. The younger they are the more fun they think it is. I do not need a deep clean so just have them hit the middle. It starts a good habit in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I know they would enjoy vacuuming and the matching socks is one I hadn't thought of!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails